How can I keep my house warm in winter?
A few quick hacks to keep your house warm in winter and minimise energy costs.
- Let the sunlight in during the day
- Open the blinds and curtains
- Keep curtains and blinds closed at night
- Look at your ceiling fan settings - many fans have winter and summer settings to circulate the air differently in each season
- Seal all cracks and openings: door snakes and weather strips are great for entrance doors to stop the breeze coming through
- Cover hard floors with a with rugs
- Keep your body temperature warm - socks, jumpers and long pants rather than trying to heat the whole house, just so you can wear shorts and a singlet inside